Solar Panel Solutions
Control your energy future with the reliability of a home solar panel setup and receive a 30% federal tax credit.
Get a Free Solar Panel Estimate
See what solar panels look like on your roof! Contact us for a free custom mockup.
Solar isn’t just an investment in your family’s energy security, it’s also a sound financial investment. And with current Federal tax incentives, the government wants to pay for over a quarter of your solar installation costs! Take advantage of this free money by claiming the 30% Federal Tax Credit on your complete residential solar panel system, including battery backup. Attractive financing and flexible payment plans make solar affordable for everyone, so years of savings can start with little to no cost up front.
On average, solar increases the value of your home by 4%. Recent studies have shown an average increase in resale value between $4020 and $5911 for each kilowatt of solar installed. Rooftop residential solar panels make America stronger, cleaner, and greener. Every time solar is installed, our energy grid gets more secure, and we are one step closer to a carbon neutral economy. All while saving you money!
With solar, when the power grid shuts down, you don’t have to. Dangerous storms are on the rise, and the American electrical grid has never been more vulnerable. A home solar panel system can protect your family against blackouts and energy shortages.
Solar technology has never been more exciting. Affordable, custom options are available to cover every need, including systems that work off the grid, battery backups, electric car chargers, and integrated backup generators. Solar panels require no scheduled maintenance, with rain doing most of the work of cleaning the panels. And with our mobile app, you can instantly see how much power your system is generating at any given time!
You can always count on the sun. In an uncertain world, the sun will still rise tomorrow. Secure your energy future and offset rising energy costs with a complete home solar panel system from Southern Home Solar.
The Solar Panel Installation Process
Before your solar project is ready to commence our full service staff will guide you through design, engineering, permitting and connection in order to execute a seamless job from start to finish and keep you informed along the way.
When the day arrives to install your solar array, a dedicated project manager will oversee the following process:
1) Material delivery to a predetermined location decided by you and your estimator.
2) Arrival of our crew and project manager to install your mounting hardware and solar array.
3) Solar array wiring to interconnect all panels.
4) Wiring will go to junction boxes and be fed through your attic to an exterior wall where conduit will be installed in order to extend the wiring from the array to your electrical service panel.
5) Licensed electrician will install your inverter (if necessary), emergency shut off, and feed into your service panel for commissioning.
6) Final inspection from your county’s permitting department.
7) Duke Energy interconnection and meter swap out for Net Metering.
8) Connection of solar array output monitoring software (if applicable).
9) Warranty registration with all necessary manufacturers.
Tax Credits & Incentives
30% Federal Tax Credit
The federal residential solar energy credit is a tax credit that can be claimed on federal income taxes for a percentage of the cost of a solar photovoltaic (PV) system.
The system must be placed in service during the tax year and generate electricity for a home located in the United States. In December 2020, Congress passed an extension of the ITC, which provides a 30% tax credit for systems installed in 2020-2022, and 22% for systems installed in 2023. The tax credit expires starting in 2024 unless Congress renews it.
There is no maximum amount that can be claimed.
For more information, visit the Energy.gov site on tax credits or the Department of Energy’s guide for homeowners going public.
Duke Energy Rebate Program:
Duke Energy offers a rebate program to customers who install solar. However, the program is capped and rebates are awarded by random selection, meaning this is not something a homeowner can count on to discount the cost of their system. Read more on Duke’s website here.
The current Rebate Program is expected to run into 2023. After that, Duke is working with renewable energy organizations to come up with a rate system to make rooftop solar more attractive to homeowners while protecting the grid. More details about that agreement can be found here.
For 20 years, Solaria has had one goal, to make the best solar panel on the market, period.
Employing its patent-protected technology, Solaria panels are unsurpassed in quality, efficiency, and design. Through extensive research and development, our engineers have created a premium, all-black solar panel that not only provides clean and abundant energy, but also looks beautiful on your home.
The Benefits of Solaria PowerXT Solar Panels
- Higher Efficiency, Higher Power: Solaria PowerXT solar panels achieve higher efficiency over conventional panels, making them one of the highest power solar panels available.
- Pure Black™ Technology: Sleek, all-black solar panels enhance the beauty of any home.
- Lower System Costs: Higher efficiency panels produce more power per square meter area, reducing the number of panels, balance of system components, and installation labor.
- Enhanced Shade Performance: Sub-strings are interconnected in parallel, dramatically lowering the shading losses and increasing energy yield.
- Durability and Reliability: Ribbon-less, solder-free cell-to-cell connections increase reliability and are designed to exceed the 25-year warranty.
PowerXT panels are tested and certified to the highest quality standards ensuring reliable power generation day in and day out. Our products are rigorously tested internally and in the field; and certified by global testing agencies. Solaria’s industry-leading warranty covers Parts, Power and Labor.
Founded in 2006, Enphase transformed the solar industry with their revolutionary microinverter technology which turns sunlight into a safe, reliable, resilient, and scalable source of energy to power our lives. Today, our intelligent microinverters work with virtually every solar panel made.Today, if you see a home with solar panels on it, there’s a good chance it’s an Enphase home. We have installed more than 39 million microinverters on more than 1.7 million homes in over 130 countries.
- ENPHASE IQ MICROINVERTERS
Our new IQ8 Microinverters offer microgrid-forming technology that provides Sunlight Backup during grid outages, and the proprietary, intelligent chip makes switching between on or off grid virtually seamless.
- ENPHASE APP
Always know how much power you’re making, using, and saving both in real-time, and as it fluctuates over time. And use IQ Load Controller to prioritize and direct power to essential appliances during a grid outage to optimize energy consumption.
- ENPHASE IQ BATTERY
Store solar power to use anytime—at night or during peak hours to reduce energy bills or when there’s an outage and utility power is unavailable.
Enphase microinverters are covered by an
industry-leading 25-year limited warranty.
Related Solar Panel Services
Whether you need a roof for new construction or a roof replacement due to age or storm damage, we offer a broad selection of professional grade shingles and roofing materials.