Vinyl Replacement Windows
Vinyl Window Installation
One of the most popular replacement window materials is vinyl. Are you wondering if it could be the best choice for your home? We are here to help. We’ve put together everything you need to know about vinyl windows to help you feel confident in deciding whether they’re the perfect choice for your upcoming window replacement project.
Another important decision to consider when planning your window replacement is which contractor you should hire for the job. Here at SHS Pros, we are proud to be the leading window replacement company in the greater Charlotte area and we’d be honored to work with you to upgrade your home.
What Are Vinyl Windows?
Vinyl windows are made from polyvinyl chloride (also known as PVC), which is a blend of chlorine and ethylene. This synthetic plastic material is resistant to decay and rotting, even when exposed to moisture.
Vinyl windows are one of the most commonly installed windows in the country, as they are a cost-effective option.
Different Types of Vinyl Replacement Windows
There are three main types of vinyl window options, which we’ll explore more about below.
- Standard vinyl windows: Standard vinyl window frames have a hollow frame and a thin profile, which makes them less durable compared to other types of vinyl windows. Because they are a less durable option, they are also the least expensive, making them a great choice for those looking to replace their windows on a budget.
- Composite vinyl windows: These vinyl windows are made from a blend of materials instead of just PVC. The result is a stronger frame material that’s thicker and more insulating compared to the standard options. Composite vinyl windows tend to be a bit more expensive than standard vinyl windows, but they are still a mid-range option.
- Engineered vinyl windows: Considered a top-of-the-line vinyl window option, engineered vinyl has been expertly processed to make it stronger and more durable compared to standard vinyl. Engineered vinyl windows usually have more insulation to make them an energy-efficient option, though they are the most expensive vinyl window type.
Benefits of Vinyl Windows
Many of our customers love vinyl windows because they offer a good value. Take a closer look at the benefits of choosing vinyl windows for your home.
- They’re cost-effective: When compared to other window materials, vinyl is the least expensive option. Combined with our special savings offers, this makes it easier for you to improve your home’s efficiency for the right price.
- They come in a variety of options: Vinyl windows are available in different colors, styles, and sizes, so you can easily customize the look of your exterior.
- They can improve your home value: Vinyl replacement windows have an average return on investment of 71.9%, making them a high-value option for your home.
Myths About Vinyl Windows
Not everything you’ve heard about vinyl windows in the past is necessarily true! Let’s explore some of the myths to set the record straight:
- Vinyl windows warp: Because vinyl is a type of plastic, many people think vinyl windows will warp in high temperatures. However, vinyl windows are durable even when exposed to hot weather and moisture.
- Vinyl windows have less glass space because they’re bulkier: As long as your old window frames are completely removed and replaced, you won’t lose glass space when choosing vinyl windows.
- Vinyl windows aren’t environmentally friendly: Since they’re made from plastic, some people assume that vinyl windows aren’t eco-friendly. However, vinyl windows are a sustainable choice because they are recyclable and offer great insulation, which allows your HVAC system to work more efficiently. Paired with solar panels, your home will save even more energy.
Why Choose SHS Pros?
When planning your vinyl window installation, you can trust our experts at SHS Pros because we have the necessary experience under our belts. Over the years, we’ve been working with local homeowners like you to install high-quality, durable vinyl windows – as well as fiberglass and aluminum-clad, for fair and honest prices and you can expect the same when hiring us for your project.
We are proud to be Charlotte’s only Pella windows dealer. If you are looking for a vinyl window known for its benefits. Then Pella may be the right brand for you!
Schedule Your Vinyl Replacement Window Installation
Give your home an instant upgrade with vinyl windows from SHS Pros!
Vinyl Replacement Window FAQs
Are vinyl windows available in different styles?
Yes! Our vinyl windows come in a variety of styles including double-hung, single-hung, picture, sliding, casement, awning, and more.
Are vinyl windows hard to maintain?
Not at all. After installation, vinyl windows require very little maintenance. To keep them looking great, all you need to do is clean the glass and window track with a gentle cleaner.