Fiberglass Window Installation
When local homeowners come to us with the goal of replacing their windows, we take some time to chat with them about the different window options available to them. One of the most popular material choices with our customers is fiberglass windows. Could they also be the right option for your home?
As you plan your window replacement project, let us help you make the right choice by learning all about fiberglass replacement windows. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have and give you a complimentary estimate for your fiberglass window installation.
Expert Fiberglass Window Installation
Fiberglass is a composite material, made with heated resin and blown glass rovings to create a strong and durable window frame material.
Different Types of Fiberglass Windows
There are three primary types of fiberglass windows, all of which may appeal to you. You can learn more about them below.
- All fiberglass windows: This option is made completely from fiberglass, but it is made to resemble painted wood on both the inside and the outside. These frames come in a variety of different colors and finishes.
- Wood interior fiberglass windows: With this option, the frames, sashes, and sills are all made from fiberglass, but the interior surfaces are covered with solid wood or wood veneer.
- Hybrid fiberglass windows: Hybrid fiberglass windows feature a fiberglass sash with a wood interior. The exterior frame is a composite of vinyl and ground wood.
Benefits of Fiberglass Windows
Curious about whether fiberglass windows are right for your home? Here are some of the benefits of choosing this frame material.
- They’re durable: Unlike some other frame materials, fiberglass won’t rust, warp, or rot, regardless of what the weather is like. They’ll continue to look great even years after installation.
- They’re secure: Fiberglass frames are strong and safe, making it harder for intruders to enter your home.
- They can improve your home value: If you’re planning to sell, fiberglass windows are often attractive to potential buyers, leading to higher home value and curb appeal.
- They’re energy-efficient: Fiberglass windows provide insulation, helping to keep your home at a comfortable temperature while reducing strain on your heating and cooling system.
At SHS Pros, we offer fiberglass window brands like Pella, which are known for their many benefits including durability, energy efficiency, and more!
Updates to Fiberglass Windows
Over the years, fiberglass windows have gotten some upgrades to help set them apart from other window materials. Some of these updates include the following:
- Color options: While fiberglass windows once were only available in white, they now come in a wide range of colors.
- Coatings: Fiberglass windows now have factory-applied finishes to provide better UV resistance for enhanced durability.
- Shape options: Fiberglass windows can be molded into arched tops and curves for more design options.
- Energy enhancements: While fiberglass is naturally a good insulator, these frames can be filled with foam for improved performance.
Why Choose SHS Pros?
We know that there are plenty of window installation companies out there that you could hire, but we think you’ll quickly realize that we display a dedication to our customers that is anything but ordinary.
When you hire us for your fiberglass window installation, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll treat you with respect from our initial interaction to our final walkthrough and every step in between. We can help with vinyl, fiberglass, and aluminum-clad from Pella and SoftLite.
We’ll take the time to listen to you, answer questions, and complete your installation carefully, so your new windows will last as long as possible.
Schedule – Fiberglass Window Installation
Are you ready to improve your home’s curb appeal and energy efficiency with new fiberglass windows? We are here to help you get started!
Fiberglass Window Installation FAQs
How long will fiberglass windows last?
The lifespan of your fiberglass windows will vary based on a few different factors, but with proper care and installation, it’s not uncommon for fiberglass windows to last for several decades before they need to be replaced.
How should I clean my fiberglass windows?
When you notice dirt or debris on your fiberglass windows, we recommend cleaning them with a microfiber towel, sponge, or soft cloth. You can also use warm water and a mild soap for stubborn areas of dirt. You shouldn’t need to do this more than a few times per year.